USFA is America’s fire and emergency services leader.
We provide National leadership to foster a solid foundation for our fire and emergency services stakeholders in prevention, preparedness and response.
- Integrity: We adhere to our code of ethics and controls which govern conduct and performance.
- Communication: We consistently share and provide access to information throughout the USFA to enhance collaboration and to eliminate ambiguity, frustration and uncertainty.
- Honesty: We embrace fairness and equity as paramount to all human capital and business affairs.
- Accountability: We are obligated and willing to accept responsibility and to answer for the results of our performance and conduct.
- Respect: We consider all USFA members worthy of high regard and have a sincere desire to see others succeed.
- Trust: We optimistically rely on the character, ability and strength of each member to contribute wholeheartedly to the success of the USFA.
- Reduce risk at the local level through prevention and mitigation.
- Improve local planning and preparedness.
- Improve the fire and emergency services’ capability for response to and recovery from all hazards.
- Improve the fire and emergency services’ professional status.
- Lead the Nation's fire and emergency services by establishing and sustaining USFA as a dynamic organization.