NFA Food Service and Menu
Daily Menu Recording: (301) 447-7200
The NETC food service contractor is Guest Services. If you stay on campus, you must purchase a meal ticket. If you do not purchase a meal ticket, you will be asked to vacate your room on campus. You then will be responsible for your off-campus lodging costs, and your request for stipend reimbursement will be denied.
Hours (Sunday – Saturday)
- Breakfast: Mon-Fri 6:30a – 8:30a; Sat-Sun 6:30a - 9:30a
- Lunch: Daily 11:30a – 1:00p
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 5:00p – 7:30p; Sun 5:30p - 9:30p
The cost for the meal ticket is $25.04 per day—breakfast is $5.81; lunch is $7.96; and dinner is $11.27. There is no tax on the meal ticket. The amounts for 5-day, 6-day, and 2-week courses are:
- 5-day: $125.20;
- 6-day: $167.32 (Saturday evening arrival through Saturday morning depart); and
- 2-week: $300.48
If you stay off campus, you must purchase a break ticket, currently $6.00 per day.
You may pay for your meals by one of the following payment methods:
- Traveler’s checks.
- State or local government checks payable to the food service contractor, Guest Services.
- Advanced payment by department check. Please notify your department to include: your name, course code and course date on the check, and send it to Guest Services, Building K, 16825 South Seton Avenue, Emmitsburg, MD 21727. Guest Services' Federal tax identification number is #53-0164700.
- Purchase order payable to the food service contractor, Guest Services.
- Credit card (MasterCard or VISA)—minimum charge of $6. Credit card payment is only accepted in person.
- Guest Services DOES NOT accept personal checks.
Meals other than those included in your meal ticket are to be paid for by cash.
- If you are attending back-to-back courses, your meal ticket includes the time between the two courses.
- If you stay off campus between the two courses (vacating your room), you must notify Guest Services before purchasing your meal ticket for the first course. If you do not, you will be charged the full amount.
- If you will not be on campus for the first and last meal identified as part of your meal ticket, you must notify Guest Services at least 1 week prior to your course start date. If you do not, you will be obligated to pay the full amount.
- If the buses arrive at NETC after the dining hall has closed, Guest Services will provide you with a boxed dinner OR snack food is available at the Command Post Pub.
If you are on a special diet, please call Guest Services at (301) 447-1551 or fax your request to (301) 447-6944 at least 2 weeks prior to arriving at NETC. Guest Services will make arrangements to meet your needs. If you don’t make arrangements prior to your arrival, you will be responsible for purchasing the normal meal ticket.