NFA Lodging and Amenities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Private bathroom
- TV and clock radio
- Twin bed, linens, and towels, with daily housekeeping service
- Telephone with voice mail
- Convenience store - O’Leary’s Emporium (10:00a – 10:00p Mon-Thu, 8:30a – 6:30p Fri, Noon – 9:00p Sun, call for Saturday hours – 301-447-2795)
- Coin-operated washers and dryers in each lodging building (change and laundry supplies available at O’Leary’s Emporium)
- Vending machines
- Dry cleaning service
- Word processing center (IBM® compatible microcomputers with Internet access and printing capabilities using Microsoft® Windows XP with Microsoft® Office Suite 2003. Open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. every day.)
- Learning Resource Center (8:30a – 9:00p Mon-Thu, 8:30a – 5:00p Fri, 4:00p – 8:00p Sat, Noon – 4:00p Sun)
- Command Post Pub
- Gym with running track, exercise room, and swimming pool (5:30a - 8:00a, 11:30a - 1:00p, and 3:30p - 8:30p Mon-Fri; 6:00a - 10:00a and 2:00p - 8:00p Sat-Sun)
- Tennis/basketball/volleyball (sand and inside) courts
Checkout time is 9 a.m. You may leave your luggage in your room until 9:30 a.m., but it must be packed and by the door. When you return for your luggage, please do not use the bathroom facilities if the room already has been cleaned for the next occupant. Please return your key card to the front desk by 9:30 a.m.—you will no longer have access to your room after that time.
Only the assigned NETC student is allowed in the dormitory room. Relatives or friends are not allowed in the rooms, and cannot be lodged on campus. Upon request, the NETC Housing Office will provide information regarding local off-campus accommodations; however, you are responsible for arranging and paying for those accommodations.
You may receive phone calls in your dormitory room. The caller may dial your direct extension (301) 447-xxxx. If requested, you will be provided with your extension at check-in. Numbers are NOT given to anyone else.
- For nonemergency situations, the caller may dial (301) 447-1048. The Student Services Coordinator will transfer the call to your room.
- NETC will NOT accept personal telephone calls to students from the (800) number. Family members should dial (301) 447-1000 to contact a student.
- You may NOT accept collect calls. Accepting collect calls may restrict you from attending future NFA courses.
- The caller should state that the call is an emergency.
- The message will be delivered to you immediately unless you are not on campus.
- If you must return home due to an emergency, check out with the Housing Office in Building C before you depart the campus!
- Mail is delivered to C Lobby Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
- All packages are x-rayed and no delivery is provided on weekends or holidays.
- Letters or packages should not be mailed to reach NETC before you arrive, since mail-holding areas are not available. Mail received when you are not on campus will be returned to the sender automatically.
- Outgoing mail should be deposited in the mailbox located near Building K (Dining Hall). The NETC Mailroom cannot mail outgoing items for students.
(Your name) - Student
National Emergency Training Center
Room (Provided upon arrival)
16825 South Seton Avenue
Emmitsburg, MD 21727-8998