How to Apply to the Executive Fire Officer Program (EFOP)
Qualified applicants may submit an application package at any time during the year. However, there is a cutoff date of June 15 for each fiscal year.
Applications postmarked after June 15 will be held until the following June 15 for consideration of acceptance to that correlative fiscal year. Application packages will be reviewed on an individual basis and require the following seven separate items.
- A FEMA Form 119-25-1 General Admissions Application Form. In block #9a, please specify by entering Executive Fire Officer Program.
- A FEMA Form 119-25-5 Executive Fire Officer Program (PDF, 215 Kb) short essay response form.
- A letter from the applicant requesting admission to the EFOP. This letter should specify the applicant’s qualification (see eligibility section), commitment to complete the entire program, including the Applied Research Projects, and the applicant’s perceived expectation(s) of the program.
- A resume of the applicant.
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s jurisdictional head (Mayor, City Manager, Chief of Department, etc.). The letter should a statement from the sponsor of organizational commitment to support the applicant in completing both courses and applied research.
- For more information on both the Service Requirement and the Academic Requirement, please refer to the EFOP Selection Criteria.
- An organizational chart that shows the applicant’s position.
The application package must be sent to:
National Emergency Training Center
Office of Admissions, Building I
16825 South Seton Avenue
Emmitsburg, MD 21727