Frequently Asked Questions for Students & Instuctors

This page may contain links to non-U.S. government websites. What this means to you »
Are National Fire Academy (NFA) training classes free?
Yes. All courses offered by the National Fire Academy are free of charge. See Costs and Stipends.
Where can I find the application (FEMA Form 119-25-1, formerly 75-5) form to apply for a training course?
Application forms may be downloaded here.
Do you offer online training/independent study courses?
Yes, several NFA courses are offered online. To view listed offerings, please visit the NFA Online.
I am having trouble using NFA Online. Where do I go for help?
Please visit the NFA Online Help Page.
Where do I find FEMA Form 119-25-2 (formerly 75-5a)?
The 119-25-2 application form may be downloaded here.
How do I get a copy of my transcript?
Mail or fax your request letter to the NETC Admissions Office.
How do I obtain NFA course materials for locally sponsored delivery?
How many Continuing Education Units (CEU) do I get for completing a course?
Please refer to our Online Training Catalog. Enter the course code or title of the course for a complete description, including CEU and ACE information.
How do I become a contract instructor for the National Fire Academy?
Please see the NFA Contract Instructor page.
I want to be a firefighter - what do I do?
Training, education and other requirements for firefighters vary from state to state and from locality to locality. If you want to become a career firefighter, the best thing to do is to contact the fire department's personnel office to find out what the employment requirements are.
If you want to become a volunteer firefighter within your community, schedule an appointment with the Chief of the department or a designated officer to talk about the requirements. Additional information on the volunteer fire service may be found on the National Volunteer Fire Council's Website.

Related Topics