All-Hazards Articles Alert for first responder journal articles
June 2019: The All-Hazards Articles Alert is a digest of citations to recently published first responder articles from scholarly, professional and trade journals. To request an article that isn’t online, please send us an interlibrary loan request from your local library.
Fire and Emergency Medical Services Research Monitor
Newly published studies on vital topics related to fire, life safety, Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and emergency management.
All scholarly articles past 30 days
Read these articles online
Full text is available for each of the recently published articles below.
- Thomas Fire Project: One Fire's Story summary + summary -
- Read the full text | Wildfire-Experience.org
A collaborative, community-sourced, map-based multimedia exploration of how we experience wildland fire.
- Fire Safety of Lithium-Ion Batteries in Road Vehicles summary + summary -
- Read the full text 2.4 MB | Research Institutes of Sweden
Fire hazards are identified and means for preventing and controlling them are presented. The possibility of fixed fire suppression and detection systems in electric vehicles is discussed.
- Close but No Cigar summary + summary -
- Read the full text PDF 8.7 MB | Utah State University Extension
How a near-miss wildfire event influences the risk perceptions and mitigation behaviors of residents who experienced a recent, nearby wildfire.
- Tracking Senior Fall and Fall-Related Injury EMS Calls to Target Fall Prevention Programs, Salt Lake County, Utah summary + summary -
- Read the full text 215 KB | Preventing Chronic Disease
Dispatched Emergency Medical Services (EMS) calls were mapped for falls and fall-related injuries among adults aged 65 years or older to identify areas with high prevalence.
Explore all new articles
By specific topic