All-Hazards Articles Alert for first responder journal articles
December 2018: The All-Hazards Articles Alert is a digest of citations to recently published first responder articles from scholarly, professional and trade journals. To request an article that isn’t online, please send us an interlibrary loan request from your local library.
Fire and Emergency Medical Services Research Monitor
Studies on vital topics related to fire, life safety, Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and emergency management.
All scholarly articles past 30 days
Read these articles online
Full text is available for each of the recently published articles below.
- Large-loss Fires and Explosions in 2017 summary + summary -
- Read the full text | National Fire Protection Association
Driven by a historically destructive California wildfire, 22 large-loss fires last year resulted in 52 deaths, 233 injuries, and an estimated $12.5 billion in direct property losses.
- Kim Kardashian's Private Firefighters Expose America’s Fault Lines summary + summary -
- Read the full text | The Atlantic
This article offers a thought-provoking look at the pros and cons of private wildland fire services.
- How the Opioid Crisis Is Impacting First Responders summary + summary -
- Read the full text PDF 573 KB | International Public Safety Association
This article provides an overview of naloxone, fentanyl and first responder contact overdoses. There is also a section that discusses naloxone administration methods, including policy and legal considerations for administration.
- 7 Steps to Effectively Integrate Ride-share Programs into Your EMS Delivery Model summary + summary -
- Read the full text | Paramedic Chief
Implementing alternative transportation options can minimize nonemergent ambulance patient transport and better serve your community.
Explore all new articles
By specific topic