Research guide for Analytical Tools for Decision-Making Managing Officer Program
This page contains resources available from the NETC Library to help Managing Officer Program students with research requirements for the course Analytical Tools for Decision-Making.
More information on the Web
- ALOHA factsheet PDF 602 KB – Some facts about the software.
- American Red Cross Online GIS (ARCGIS) Mapping – Build a profile of residential fire occurrences and identify high-risk neighborhoods.
- CAMEO® – Applications developed by Environmental Protection Agency and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to assist emergency planners and first responders dealing with chemical emergencies.
- Census Explorer – Interactive map series from the Census Bureau.
- Geocaching – The world’s biggest treasure hunt.
- Geospatial Platform – Geospatial data and tools provided by federal agencies.
- Google Earth Outreach – Tutorials to help you become a Google mapping expert.
- HAZUS – Uses GIS software to map and display hazard data and to estimate the impacts of earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods.
- National EMS Information System – NEMSIS contains EMS and prehospital data from local and state agencies across the nation.
- National Fire Incident Reporting System – Links to NFIRS data as well as support, documentation, and vendor information.
- WISER – The Wireless Information System for Emergency Responders provides information to first responders on hazardous substances.