The CDC will conduct a free National Forum on COVID-19 Vaccine from Feb. 22 through Feb. 24, 2021. This is a virtual event to unite representatives from across the U.S. government with state, local, territorial and tribal (SLTT) leaders and representatives from public health, healthcare systems, and national and community-based non-governmental organizations supporting COVID-19 vaccination.
The 3-day forum forum will provide effective strategies to:
- Build trust and confidence in COVID-19 vaccines.
- Use data to optimize vaccine implementation.
- Provide practical information for increasing vaccine access in communities nationwide, especially to those at increased risk.
The forum will include plenary sessions open to the public, practitioner town halls and opportunities to engage with experts on lessons learned in vaccine implementation.
Vaccine program guidance for jurisdictions
In support of SLTT partners, the CDC released an annex to its Operational Guidance for the COVID-19 Vaccination Program. The COVID-19 Vaccination Program Interim Operational Guidance for Jurisdictions Playbook is targeted for SLTT public health programs and their partners currently operationalizing a vaccination response to COVID-19 within their jurisdictions.
The new annex focuses on several areas for planning consideration:
Decision-making guidance for transitioning vaccination rollout among priority groups. Included are planning steps for transitioning from vaccination of initial populations to additional priority populations, in accordance with the CDC's recommendations.
Strategies for vaccine allocation among private and public partners. Information for how SLTT vaccination programs should coordinate with the CDC's Federal Retail Pharmacy Program for COVID-19 to effectively reach priority populations. The Pharmacy Program vaccine allocations are separate from jurisdictions' weekly allocations.
Strategies to engage priority populations and increase vaccine confidence. These include considerations for updating communication strategies, key messages, and education and outreach activities to increase awareness in priority populations and build vaccine confidence.
This article is based on content in the
Feb. 11, 2021 InfoGram.
Other articles include:
- IC to IC Network offers peer support after a line-of-duty death
- Earthquake resilience technology webinar and guidance for Earthquake Awareness Month
- Webinars: FEMA accepting spring nominations for exercise assistance
- Cybersecurity threat and vulnerability updates
Featured InfoGram articles
- Feb. 11, 2021
- CDC Virtual Forum and Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccine Programs
- Feb. 4, 2021
- February Is for Hearts: Focus on Your Cardiovascular Health
- Jan. 28, 2021
- Know your safety risks: electric vehicle battery fires
- Jan. 21, 2021
- Create your emergency plans using FEMA preparedness guides
- Jan. 14, 2021
- New tools assist wildfire detection and smoke forecasting
- Jan. 7, 2021
- Prepare now for vehicle-borne improvised explosive devices
- Dec. 17, 2020
- LAFD successfully deploys firefighting robot
- Dec. 10, 2020
- Creating effective communications for vaccine distribution
- Dec. 3, 2020
- Getting ready for COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Nov. 19, 2020
- Measuring COVID-19's impact on first responder organizations
- Nov. 12, 2020
- NWCG updates wildland fire position qualification standards
- Nov. 5, 2020
- Securing soft targets and crowded places
- Oct. 29, 2020
- Wildfire challenges, risk reduction examined in new report
- Oct. 22, 2020
- Research study contains key findings for fire investigators
- Oct. 15, 2020
- InciWeb mapping resource helps communities prepare for wildfire
- Oct. 8, 2020
- Restaurant fire and life safety during COVID-19
- Oct. 1, 2020
- First responders: prepare for white powder incidents
- Sept. 24, 2020
- NIST survey reveals wildfire evacuation factors
- Sept. 17, 2020
- New LODD online course for incident commanders
- Sept. 10, 2020
- COVID-19 increases line-of-duty deaths
- Sept. 3, 2020
- Distributive Education limits for EMS recertification waived
- Aug. 27, 2020
- FAA changes rules for public safety drone flights
- Aug. 20, 2020
- New FEMA grant program helps to build resilient communities
- Aug. 13, 2020
- 2020 Emergency Response Guidebook now available
- Aug. 6, 2020
- Reducing first responder risk at explosive device incidents
- July 30, 2020
- Prevent damage to fire department connections
- July 23, 2020
- Illegal grow houses put firefighters at risk
- July 16, 2020
- Resources to help identify counterfeit PPE
- July 9, 2020
- COVID-19 testing guidance for first responders