Due to the lapse in federal funding, this website will not be actively managed. More information
Portable generator safety photo gallery
Free, high-resolution color photographs depicting best practices to safely use portable generators. These photographs are in the public domain and are not copyrighted.
Prevention tips to accompany our free photos:
- Use portable generators outdoors in well-ventilated areas away from all doors, windows and vents.
- Make sure you have carbon monoxide alarms in your home.
- Do not use a generator in a wet area. This can cause shock or electrocution.
- Connect appliances to the generator with heavy-duty extension cords.
- Do not fuel your generator when it is running. Spilling gas on a hot engine can cause a fire.