National Fire Academy self-study courses
National Fire Academy (NFA) Online self-study courses are free to fire and emergency services personnel, and international students are welcome. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available for most courses. Successful completion is added to your NFA transcript, and you earn an NFA certificate.
Returning students: Sign in to NFA Online
Getting started is easy!
You can sign up for these classes at any time and complete them at your own pace. They are not led by an instructor.
From the course description page, select the link “Apply Online.” This will take you to the NFA Online website.New students scroll down to complete the registration page and receive your login information.
- Find out what online courses are available in NFA course catalog. On-campus students: select the catalog link for Q code pre-course assignments.
If you have any questions or experience problems taking NFA Online self-study courses, or to reactivate your account, please email our Self-Study Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quick tips for new and returning students
- You’ll need a Student Identification Number to take NFA Online courses.
- Returning Students: Select the LOG ON button. Enter your User ID in ALL CAPS!
- New Students: Complete the registration information at the bottom of the logon page. You will need to wait one hour before trying to log on.
- We use a secure, Single Sign On platform. You will receive your logon passcode through email or a text message to your mobile phone. You must use this six-digit passcode to enter the site.
- A new passcode is needed each time you access the site. The passcode expires after 10 minutes.