The health, wellness and safety of our students, instructors and staff is paramount. NETC staff is continuously monitoring and evaluating the national COVID-19 situation and the current guidance in Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Based on COVID-19 conditions, training at the NETC campus will be evaluated weekly. Training may be cancelled as late as the Thursday prior to your scheduled arrival on campus.
If you are ill within 14 days prior to training, we ask that you do not attend training. We want you to closely monitor your health and avoid situations or areas that are high risk for COVID-19 or other fever-related illnesses 14 days prior to arriving.
All on-campus NFA students must be fully vaccinated. This mitigation measure will help us to provide a safe learning and working environment for all students, instructors and staff on the NETC campus.
- What does fully vaccinated mean?
- You are considered fully vaccinated if it has been 2 weeks or more since you received the second Pfizer or Moderna dose or the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
On arrival at NETC, students must provide visual proof (paper or electronic copy) of their vaccination status to authorized NETC personnel at the Housing Desk, Building C-West.
Acceptable proof of vaccination
- The record of immunization from a health care provider or pharmacy.
- A COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (CDC Form MLS-319813_r, published on 9/3/2020).
- Medical records documenting the vaccination.
- Any other official documentation containing the type of vaccine administered, numbers of doses received, date(s) of administration, and name of the health care professional(s) or clinic site(s) administering the vaccine(s).
We will no longer accept a negative COVID-19 test or other accommodations to attend on-campus training. On-campus testing will not be available. Please don't travel to NETC if you are ill within 14 days of your course.
If you are not fully vaccinated
If you are unable to meet the vaccination requirement, please contact the NETC Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 301-447-1035 to withdraw from your course. NETC Admissions personnel will reschedule you for a future course when you are able to meet the NETC vaccination requirements.
Effective March 7, 2022, you don't need to wear a mask indoors on campus. Please wear a mask if you are more comfortable doing so.
Steps we're taking to protect you
We have put in place various COVID-19 mitigation measures on the NETC campus. These mitigation measures are like what you are currently experiencing in your state or jurisdiction. We will implement priority behavior practices daily on the NETC campus as follows:
- Frequently washing hands or the use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Staying at home when sick, or in other words, not making the trip to NETC.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Housing will be in the form of single rooms; when possible, alternating rooms on each dormitory floor.
Restrooms/break areas will be carefully monitored for capacity.
The course manager and/or instructors will establish break schedules. Break food will consist of bottled water/juice and cans of soda. Prepackaged food (i.e., bags of chips, cookies, crackers, healthy breakfast bars, etc.) will be provided as part of the meal ticket.
Recreational facilities to include the Building H pool, gym, workout room, locker rooms and Command Post Pub are now open with limited capacities.
Outdoor areas can be used for exercise. We will encourage outdoor areas to be used for training and dining (weather dependent).
Airport transportation will be provided as normal.
Masks are required on FEMA transportation.