National Fire Academy online courses
Returning students: sign in
The National Fire Academy (NFA) offers fire and emergency services personnel a free, flexible and convenient way to receive career-enhancing training. Through NFA Online, students can complete self-paced courses 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or college credit are available for most courses.
Getting started is easy!
From the course description page, select the link “Apply Online.” This will take you to the NFA Online website.New students scroll down to complete the registration page and receive your log in information.
- Find out what online courses are available in the NFA course catalog. On-campus students: select the catalog link for Q-code pre-course assignments.
If you have any questions or experience problems taking NFA Online courses, or to reactivate your account, please contact our Help Desk at email@example.com.
Quick tips for new and returning students
- You’ll need a Student Identification Number to take NFA Online courses.
- Click on the “Job Aid” link on the login screen for help.
- You will be prompted to change your temporary password following your initial login.
- Don’t forget to write down your user ID and password. Both are case sensitive.
- The NFA Online course catalog populates at the top of each hour so, depending on when you registered, you may have to wait up to one hour until you can access the courses.
The NFA also delivers courses through an online-mediated instruction format using a combination of online learning and discussion boards. A listing of online-meditated courses and descriptions is available through the NFA course catalog.