All-Hazard Incident Management Teams (AHIMT) play an essential role in the management of, and response to, local/regional/national emergencies, natural disasters and public events. The U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) provides professional development support to help AHIMT members obtain the knowledge and skills needed to perform effectively as a team under stressful, dynamic conditions.
Professional development opportunities
National Fire Academy incident management team training
The National Fire Academy (NFA) has on- and off-campus training opportunities to assist teams with development, operation and sustainment in support of all-hazards incident response, and compliance with National Incident Management System and National Response Framework standards.
- Type 3 All-Hazards Incident Management Team (O/R0305)
- Type 3 Incident Management Team/Organization – All Hazard Facilitator Development (N/R0310)
- All Hazards Incident Management Team (AHIMT) National-Tier Assessment Exercise (R0325)
For more information about NFA incident management team training, contract Richard Sexton at 301-447-7687.
Incident Command System training courses
All responders serving in a command or general staff position must complete these Incident Command System (ICS) training courses:
- NFA ICS-100-/200-/300-/400-level training
- Emergency Management Institute (EMI) independent study courses National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction (IS-700.B) and National Response Framework, An Introduction (IS-800.D)
ICS position-specific professional development
Delivery of ICS position-specific courses is coordinated by EMI. For more information, please contact Bob Patrick.