The Executive Fire Officer (EFO) and Leadership Symposium is an annual event for EFO Program graduates, current and future fire and emergency medical services (EMS) leaders, and students at the National Fire Academy in Emmitsburg, Maryland.
The goals for this event are:
- Provide a curriculum extension and update of the EFO Program.
- Recognize and spotlight outstanding and innovative research by select EFO Program students.
- Provide high-quality presentations by private and public sector representatives.
- Promote continuous dialogue among EFO Program graduates and U.S. Fire Administration staff.
- Facilitate networking between EFO Program graduates and leaders in the fire and EMS profession.
- Officially recognize recent EFO Program graduates and research winners.
Who can attend
Current and future fire and EMS leaders, EFO Program graduates and EFO Program students.
Conference registration and on-campus lodging are free but space is limited. Bus transportation is provided to and from BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport for those staying on campus.
Attendees staying in on-campus housing are required to purchase a meal ticket for the duration of their stay. There is no travel reimbursement for the symposium.