- Find smiliar articles:
- Wildfire and WUI
The new Lessons.Wildfire.gov website features products from the previous site (wildfirelessons.net) with enhancements and new publications including:
- The Incident Review Database, a searchable database of lessons submitted by wildland firefighters via the Wildland Fire Lessons Learned Center (LLC) Rapid Lesson Sharing platform on incidents dating back to 1910. With the new website launch, the Incident Review Database now has a more robust search capability and more intuitive access. It is searchable by incident name, type, location, key term or date.
- Annual incident review summaries providing wildland fire lessons condensed into manageable excerpts and actionable follow-up exercises for wildland firefighter training and discussions.
- “Two More Chains” quarterly newsletter.
- The Wildland Fire LLC blog.
- Data Points, a new series that summarizes clusters of similar events (recurring lessons) and provides a specific call to action, empowering fire leaders at all levels to take proactive measures based on the experience of others.
- The functionality to sign up to receive email updates from the Wildland Fire LLC and be notified when new content is posted to the site.
The Wildland Fire LLC is a knowledge resource center for the entire wildland fire community, sharing in-the-field lessons drawn from successes, challenges, close calls and firefighter fatalities to increase safety. Its mission is to provide useful and relevant products and services that reveal the complexity and risk faced by firefighters in the wildland fire environment.