Jump-start your professional development!
Acceptance into the program is the first step in your professional development as a career or volunteer fire and emergency medical services (EMS) manager and includes all 4 elements of professional development: education, training, experience and continuing education.
How the Managing Officer Program benefits you
The Managing Officer Program can help you, as a first- or mid-level officer/supervisor, jump-start professional development early in your career or volunteer service. You will build on foundational management and technical competencies, learning to address issues of interpersonal and cultural sensitivity, professional ethics, and outcome-based performance.
On completion of the program, you will:
- Be better prepared to grow professionally, improve your skills and meet emerging professional challenges.
- Be able to embrace professional growth and development in your career.
- Enjoy a national perspective on professional development.
- Understand and appreciate the importance of professional development.
- Have a network of fire service professionals who support career development.
- 5 prerequisite courses (online and classroom deliveries in your state).
- 4 courses at the NFA in Emmitsburg, Maryland.
- A community-based capstone project.
A certificate of completion for the Managing Officer Program is awarded after the successful completion of all courses and the capstone project.