Online instructor-led courses are scheduled offerings that you must apply for.
These courses range from 4 to 6 weeks in length. You are required to complete weekly assignments and papers, participate in class discussions online, and read various articles as the instructor assigns them. While most courses are conducted asynchronously, some courses may contain synchronous components.
- If you don't have one, register for a Student Identification Number. This number is needed on your application.
- Use the National Emergency Training Center (NETC) Online Admissions Application to apply for your course. A link to the application is also provided on each course description page.
Hot Topics Research in Fire and Life Safety M0566
This 6-week course provides you with knowledge and skill to identify and research fire and life safety issues impacting communities. Through research, you will be able to identify, promote and embrace changes to reduce fire and life safety risks.
After you apply
The NETC Admissions Office will email you an acceptance confirmation for your course offering. NFA Online will then send you an email with your unique course link and instructions on how to enroll in the course.
Quick tips for new and returning students
- New students: Complete the registration information at the bottom of the page. You will need to wait 2 hours before trying to log on for the first time.
- Returning students: Select the LOG ON button at the top of the enrollment page. Enter your User ID in ALL CAPS!
- NFA Online does not use passwords. We use a secure, single sign-on platform. You will receive your logon pass code through email or a text message to your mobile phone. You must use this 6-digit pass code to enter the site.
- A new pass code is needed each time you access the site. The pass code expires after 10 minutes.
- More information:
- Reactivate account
- NFA Online Help Desk (instructor-led)