Getting started is easy!
You can sign up for self-study classes at any time and complete them at your own pace. They are not led by an instructor.
- Find out what self-study courses are available in NFA course catalog.On-campus students: select the catalog link above for Q code pre-course assignments.
- From the course description page, select the link “Apply Online.” This will take you to the NFA Online website.
- Scroll down to complete the registration page and receive your login information.
Need to reactivate your account? Contact NFA Online Help Desk.
Safety Essentials Q0694
Emphasizes the importance of safety and health for the response community and explores the physical, psychological and environmental components of safety.
Introduction to Application of Data for Fire and Emergency Services Q0696
Introduces emergency responders to the analysis and applications of data and information in planning for fire and emergency medical services and community-based risk reduction efforts.
Quick tips for new and returning students
- You'll need a Student Identification Number to take NFA Online courses.
- New students: Complete the registration information at the bottom of the logon page. You will need to wait 2 hours before trying to log on.
- Returning students: Select the LOG ON button. Enter your User ID in ALL CAPS!
- NFA Online does not use passwords. We use a secure, single sign-on platform. You will receive your logon passcode through email or a text message to your mobile phone. You must use this 6-digit passcode to enter the site.
- A new passcode is needed each time you access the site. The passcode expires after 10 minutes.
- More information:
- NFA Online Help Desk (self-study)