Follow this guidance when interacting with community leaders and residents during civil unrest incidents:
- Routinely communicate with local leaders and members of the community.
- Inform the community of changes to response priorities, and manage community expectations.
- Monitor social media for information.
- Identify possible/probable locations for large gatherings.
- Work with law enforcement, emergency management and all other emergency response agencies to communicate needs and expectations.