The following resources offer additional information on preparing for, and responding to, civil unrest incidents:
U.S. Fire Administration
- National Emergency Training Center Library reference materials.
- Information for First Responders on Maintaining Operational Capabilities During a Pandemic PDF.
- Mitigation of Occupational Violence to Firefighters and EMS Responders PDF.
- Operational Templates and Guidance for EMS Mass Incident Deployment PDF.
- Preparing for Civil Unrest PDF. Donohue, Dave.
- Caught in the Middle: Fire Department Response During Civil Unrest. International Association of Fire Chiefs.
- Civil Unrest [White paper]. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
- Fire as a Weapon Action Guide PDF. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.
- First Responder Toolbox: Complex Operating Environment — Special and Other Significant Events PDF. National Counterterrorism Center.
- Sample Civil Unrest Standard Operating Procedure PDF. EveryoneGoesHome.com.
- Standard for an Active Shooter/Hostile Event Response (ASHER) Program (NFPA 3000) NFPA